A photography workshop during the Carnival in Venice is different from any other tours as there cannot be a detailed, day-by-day itinerary. Since our main focus will be to photograph masks, we will have to be flexible as weather and thus light conditions change, opportunities for private shoots arise, and our masked artist will gather in different places at different days. So we will rather follow the flow. Although I will take care of arranging some shooting session with the models months in advance, we will still adjust our schedule on the fly in order to get every shooting opportunity that will arise.
The workshop will in any case include:
· Pre-arranged shooting sessions with models in breautiful locations out of the crowds
· Shooting sessions with models at dusk and sunrise in San Marco Square, Doge’s Palace, Riva degli Schiavoni, which are the places where most of the models show up early in the morning, usually even a hour before sunrise. This is the best time of the day as 99% of tourists are still sleeping!
· Shooting sessions with models at sunset from the quay of San Giorgio Maggiore, a stunning location as we will be shooting dozens of different artists with the whole Venice skyline in the background, and the sun setting behind.
· At least a visit to Burano, a photographer’s paradise with the crazy colors of the houses reflected in the calm waters of the canals, definitely a must visit place, with or without models in costume.
Please find a full description of this workshop with all details on my website Sign up in this very small group workshop – maximum 5 guests! – and photograph one of the most unique event worldwide, the Carnival of Venice!
• In the field full time tutoring and instructions • Reservation of your single room for 6 nights at the hotel Corte dei Greci (or similar), with continental breakfast included. You will pay the hotel bill (about 850 EUR) when you check out. Or, if you prefer, you are free to book your favourite accommodation, provided that it is in a 5 minutes walking range from San Marco square.
• 7 days pass ticket for the waterbuses • at least 1 image processing session (a laptop with photo processing software is required)
What’s Not Included
• international air travel tickets • cancellation and travel insurance • Venice local tourists tax (approx 4,00 EUR/night pax) • tickets to museums/exhibitions • Everything not specifically listed as included
This workshop is strictly limited to 5 guests, so don’t delay. If you’ve been thinking about a photo workshop at the carnival of Venice then follow the link to my website, fill the form with all the information required and any other information you wish to communicate. You will be re-contacted right away with the instructions on how make a reservation.